Thursday, May 3, 2012

All about my band! (or as much as I can remember)

Since I have the lap-top for a few, I'm going to try to type out everything I remember. Mainly to keep my mind off of the fact that I'm staying at my parents house and at this very moment, my Mom is making Panini Sandwiches for the rest of the fam. I'm not hungry. I know I can't eat it. but dude, it smells delish. waaah.

(Warning, some TMI stuff below)

I woke up on Surgery day with....my period. Fun times! When we checked into the hospital and they had me put on my gown, I asked the nurse, what should I do? Should I wear "protection"? she said no. I was like...okaaay. but whatever. Then they made me pee in a cup for a pregnancy test. yay more fun!

IV, vitals, etc, - I tell them to give me A LOT of "relaxing" medicine. My room did have a tv so I got to relax for a bit. The anesthesiologist came in to say hi, then it was time to go!


They wheeled me in, and I swear, the anesthesiologist asked me to "Name 5 US senators" - I was like, what?? but then it seemed like just a few minutes until I was in recovery with a nice nurse named Carol. I  may have told her my pain was "11-teen" haha!

I got to go back to my room after a while then they let mom come see me. I had to go to the bathroom when I realized that I didn't have a catheter! and omg. a mess. no pad under me, gross. and my nurse was a total hottie. It was not fun trying to take care of my er "personal" stuff immediately after surgery!!! they had me trying to put on the free mesh panties and a giant pad. fun times. Mom and hubby brought me a balloon and a present from the gift shop too!

Pic from right after:


Mom helped me get dressed the rest of the way, and I got wheeled to the car by hottie nurse. We went home and I was pretty out of it. The anti-nausea meds made me barf. the pain meds made me barf. but by Wednesday I was doing pretty good.

(Me with Mom's Cat)


Liquid Diet Buffet


The pain I have right now is around the port area, but I can walk around fine and get in and out of the recliner. I'm not hungry but if I smell food I get grumpy! I can have protein shakes now, and I've been having broth and water and jello and popsicles. and I may have sucked on a piece of carmel corn (I spit it out when it was mostly gone, I was too scared to swallow it!!!) and Mom did get me some cheesecake frozen yogurt and I had a few bites of that.

Scary picture:

I am bored though. I am ready to get back to work (at least on the computer, not physically).

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear your doing well. sounds like you will be back to work in no time!!

    ReplyDelete