Sunday, April 22, 2012

BBQ!

We were invited to swim at my parents house and to a BBQ today - my two favorite things, swimming and FOOD!

I think I got too much sun though, now I feel sick. but I came here to blog about the FOOD!

We had grilled chicken, potato salad and pickles. We also had shrimp cocktail for an appetizer and a daqauri after...dude, calories, right?

I had 5 shrimp with cocktail sauce
1 chicken leg
1 small serving of tater salad
2 pickle spears
1 mixed drink

and the sad thing is, I could have eaten WAY more. I thought back to a few years ago, I would have had

a least 2 pieces of chicken (usually a leg/thigh or leg/wing)
a large scoop of tater salad
10-15 shrimp with a cup of cocktail sauce
3-4 pickles
chips
a hotdog
some kind of dessert - cookies or pie or something

YIKES!

. Mom (who has a band!) had 2 shrimp and a chicken leg. Then we came home and I started prowling around for food (I didn't eat anything, thank you very much. just water.)

sigh. I can't wait for the Hungry Monster to go away! They are so annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment