Saturday, February 25, 2012

Recipe - Lala's Meatloaf

mmmmm Meatloaf. My Mom makes the best meatloaf, but after looking at her recipe, I knew I wanted something with no bread or cracker crumbs in it. This meatloaf is not as "firm" but it's yummy. It also is great cold the next day, I like to dip it in Hot Sweet Mustard (I would prefer a sandwich, but I am trying to cut out bread)

Pre-Heat Oven to 350

Incredients
1 "tube" ground turkey. I buy mine at Walmart
1/2 onion, chopped/minced
1 spoonful chopped garlic - I buy in it a jar, sue me.
Parsley flakes/salt/pepper/any herbs you like - rosemary is yummy in this!
1 Squirt of ketchup (this makes it taste more "meatloaf-y" to me, but you could probably omit it)
1/8 cup egg whites like Egg Beaters (I use Great Value. you could also use an egg)

Mix together well in a large bowl. I spray a oval shaped corning ware with Pam and pour it in, then I "shape" it into an oval loaf with a wooden spoon, leaving a space all around. I sometimes squirt some ketchup on top in a swirl.

Back 50-60 min, covered with foil at 350. There will be lots of "juices" around the edges, don't be alarmed! I "slice" mine with a large slotted spoon.

I will take photos next time!

Makes 6 servings. When I put it into MyFitnessPal it said 197 calories per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment