I'm Lala and I like to eat. I like to eat TOO MUCH. At 35 years old I found myself at 280 lbs (my highest in 2009 was 298) , tired, hungry all of the time, and unable to do the one thing I want more than anything - have a baby.
I am going through the Steps to have Lap-Band Surgery (you can read more about the surgery here) in Spring of 2012. Here are the things I need to do/still need to get done
- Meet with Primary Care Doctor to talk about surgery and get a recommendation letter for the surgery - Done, Jan 2012
- Have blood work done - Done, Jan 2012 (I am severely anemic - currently on two iron pills a day - more on that later)
- Meet with Pulmonary Specialist/Sleep Doctor - Done, Jan 2012 (I have severe sleep apnea, I had wear a home sleep monitor overnight, I stop breathing 75 plus times an hour - yikes!!!!)
- Have a Psychological Evaluation - Done, Feb 2012 (this was yesterday, and it was strange, but I passed)
- Still to do: Have Sleep Study - I meet with the Dr on Monday to schedule this. Meet with a Dietitian (She won't call me back!!!)
- Lose 5% of my Body Weight - which was 14 lbs. I've lost 11.
- Schedule Surgery (can't do until all of this other stuff is done!)
If you are reading this and want to be my friend on Facebook, my profile is here or on MyFitnessPal.
Hopefully later I will have the time to write more - I really need this blog!