Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Green-Eyed

It's not really a secret that I am jealous of my Stepson's Mom. I mean, she got to have a child with the man I love, and the child that I love calls HER Mom, she's the goddess, she's the perfect amazing one - to him.

Today my stepson asked to put together a "Mystery" Lego Mini Figure he had gotten in his stocking from Santa Claus at our house (on a side note, we had a great Christmas with him. When we picked him up on Christmas Day afternoon, he was a little melancholy - it turns out they hung stockings at Mom's house, but Santa didn't come/fill them, and he was sad. I totally get that some families do not "do" Santa, and that's cool, but I think it's mean to hang stockings/talk about Santa coming, then not follow through.anyway...)

The minifigure turned out to be a Fairy, and I jokingly told him that he should give it to me (as I love and collect Fairies) and he said NO I AM GIVING IT TO MY MOM.

So, I said no.

and of course, he got upset and started crying and threw himself on the floor.

I have to admit - my feelings were hurt. Everything is for Mom. Every drawing. Every craft project. Every trinket from the arcade. ALWAYS.

I told him I said no because there is a rule in the agreement that toys do not transfer houses. but I really said no because it broke my heart.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment